Starting iOS10 you’ll be able to remove built-in apps from the Home screen on your iOS device.
If you update to iOS 10 beta, you can remove some built-in apps from the Home screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Built-in apps you can remove from your Home screen
If you have iOS 10 beta, you can remove these apps from your Home screen:
- Find My Friends
- iCloud Drive
- iTunes Store
- Voice Memos
- Watch app4
- You can remove the Contacts app from an iPhone only. If you remove Contacts, you won’t lose your contact information. You can still find all of that information in the Phone app.
- If you remove the Music app, it won’t be available to use with CarPlay.
- The News app will be removable in a later version of iOS 10 beta.
- If you try to remove the Watch app from an iPhone that’s paired with an Apple Watch, an alert asks you to unpair your Apple Watch before you can remove the app.
Remove a built-in app from your Home screen
- Touch and hold the app until it jiggles.
- Tap on the app, then tap Remove.
- Press the Home button to finish.